In restaurants, commercial kitchens, and other food service companies, the kitchen exhaust systems are maintained and cleaned by a kitchen exhaust cleaner, also known as a hood cleaner or exhaust system cleaner. You will make sure that the kitchen ventilation systems are clean and properly operating as a part-time kitchen exhaust cleaner in Schumacher.
- Filters, ducts, fans, and kitchen exhaust hoods should all be cleaned and degreased.
- The components of the exhaust system are taken apart and put back together for cleaning.
- removing oil and buildup from surfaces using specialized tools, equipment, and cleaning supplies.
- ensuring adherence to approved cleaning procedures and health and safety laws.
- examining the exhaust system and locating any damage or maintenance issues.
- maintaining accurate records and recording cleaning efforts, including before and after pictures.
- coordinating cleaning appointments with customers or the establishment’s management.
- if required, make suggestions for the upkeep or repair of the exhaust system.
- using the proper personal protection equipment (PPE) and adhering to corporate policies and procedures.
- collaborating with team members to successfully fulfill cleaning chores.
- Employer Name: Clean Air Plus
- Job Location: Schumacher, ON
- Salary: 18.00 to 30.00 hourly
- Job Position: Kitchen Exhaust Cleaner
- Job Type: Part-Time, 20-25 hours per week
- Job Category: Housekeeping & Cleaning
- Send Your coverletter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening: 4
- Equivalent to a high school diploma.
- Although it is not usually necessary, prior expertise in kitchen exhaust cleaning or a related industry is preferred.
- Understanding of the parts of kitchen exhaust systems.
- familiarity with the cleaning methods, equipment, and substances used to clean kitchen exhaust.
- Physical stamina and the capacity for manual labor, particularly working in tight quarters and at heights.
- A keen eye for detail and the capacity to function effectively and autonomously.
- Interpersonal and communication abilities that are effective for dealing with clients and team members.
- Adaptability to customer schedules, including the ability to work weekends and evenings.
- the capacity to follow defined norms and processes as well as adherence to health and safety requirements.
- Transport to client sites may call for a current driver’s license.
Salary and perks
A part-time kitchen exhaust cleaner’s pay in Schumacher can vary depending on their amount of responsibility, level of education, and level of experience. Part-time workers often make hourly compensation that is commensurate with their qualifications and the demands of the job.
Benefits and perks for part-time kitchen exhaust cleaner jobs can change depending on the employer and the particular business. Considerations that might be made include:
- Competitive hourly rate based on credentials and experience.
- Depending on customer needs, opportunities for additional shifts or overtime.
- chances for education and development.
- access to benefits or initiatives for employee wellness.
- Possibility of professional development and advancement within the sector.
- a secure working environment that complies with health and safety regulations.
- Possibility of receiving tips or gratuities from contented customers.
It’s critical to remember that precise pay, perks, and benefits may differ based on the employer, the sector, and the specifics of the employment contract. Research the employment in question and bring up these specifics during the interview process as part-time jobs may have different pay and benefit plans than full-time jobs.