American Express Careers NYC
|Hiring Organization||American Express|
|Post Name||Sr. Analyst | GCS Business Conduct Strategy and Program Management|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 6000 To USD 6500 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10285|
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) offers powerful backing and support that helps companies of all sizes gain financial savings, control, and efficiency. We provide a suite of payment and lending products, solutions for travel and everyday business spending, cross-border payments, global currency solutions, and business financing.
To maintain success, accelerating sales and driving profitable charge volume growth are essential for the organization. The Operational Excellence (OE) team within GCS is instrumental in driving these objectives by supporting the core operational risk functions that underpin GCS.
The OE team is responsible for ensuring priorities are executed in a manner consistent with internal policy as well as external/regulatory expectations while enabling business growth, achieving superior customer experience, driving risk mitigation as well as operational efficiencies.
The Business Conduct Team under OE is responsible for a cohesive Global Business Conduct Program, which aims to ensure a strong business risk culture that allows us to operate with the highest standards of sales compliance and conduct, as individuals and as a team.
This role will report to the Sr. Manager | Business Conduct Framework & Americas Performance and will play a critical role in supporting the GCS OE Organization to drive strategic Business Conduct priorities.
The successful candidate will work across a wide range of strategic initiatives, governance programs, analytics/data analysis initiatives, and remediation efforts including establishing measurable metrics for GCS to help ensure the business objectives of the organization are met.
- Support GCS-wide Business Conduct strategic initiatives and projects based on program evolution and emerging trends
- Develop impactful communications and presentation materials for executive-level audiences and regulator
- Support as Secretary for the US SME Business Conduct Council
- Liaise and build strong Partnerships with Business Leaders, Colleague team members, external contacts, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure alignment and execution of the team’s overall priorities
- Manage business planning and operations (e.g., annual budget and planning, monthly operational reviews, risk, and finance reviews, leadership updates)
- Special projects/analyses as needed
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills, ideally with 5+ years of experience in strategic analysis, consulting, communications, and/or project management-related roles.
- Superior project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, with great follow-up and attention to detail, and work well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong drive and high personal accountability to deliver results within tight timeframes; ability to prioritize effectively when faced with changing priorities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to storyboard presentations.
- Excellent relationship and influencing skills for dealing with a wide range of issues and people at different levels; proven ability to navigate effectively and efficiently within American Express.
- Creative problem solver who can manage tasks and projects autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Energetic, curious, self-motivated, proactive, and able to work well under pressure and in an unstructured environment.
- Strong executive presence, maturity, self-awareness, and integrity – able to maintain strict confidentiality.