Various duties connected to the effective functioning of a warehouse or distribution facility are the responsibility of a warehouse person in Richmond. They are essential in the transportation, storage, and receipt of commodities and goods. Depending on the employer, particular job responsibilities may vary but typically include:
- loading and unloading supplies from containers or trucks.
- examining incoming and outgoing shipments to confirm their size and quality.
- Sorting, arranging, and putting things away in the right places.
- selecting and assembling orders for delivery.
- utilizing tools such as pallet jacks, forklifts, and other machinery to move items about the warehouse.
- by doing routine cycle counts and stock reconciliations, inventory accuracy is maintained.
- ensuring compliance with safety rules and procedures.
- maintaining the warehouse’s cleanliness and structure.
- helping with inventory management and performing routine stock checks.
- Employer Name: Westpoint Terminal Inc
- Job Location: 101-5000 Miller RoadRichmond, BC V7B 1K7
- Salary: CAD20.50 to CAD25.00 Per Hour
- NOC 75101
- Job Position: Warehouse Person
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part-Time, 35-40 hours per week
- Job Category: Hospitality
- Send Your coverletter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening: 1
A warehouse worker may be responsible for the following duties:
- efficiently and precisely assessing inbound cargo after receipt.
- capturing and preserving all pertinent inventory-related data.
- utilizing warehouse machinery in a secure and effective manner.
- working together to meet shipment dates and complete orders.
- examining the warehouse’s equipment for routine maintenance.
- taking part in routine inventory reconciliations and audits.
- aiding in the establishment and enhancement of warehousing procedures.
- interacting and working in tandem with other divisions, including sales or customer service.
- observing all warehouse-related company regulations and procedures.
Although the precise criteria for a warehouse person can change, they often consist of:
- equivalent to a high school diploma.
- It is preferable if you have prior experience working in a warehouse or logistics setting.
- understanding of inventory management, safety procedures, and warehouse operations.
- knowledge in using hand trucks, pallet jacks, and other warehouse equipment.
- physical endurance and strength to move large objects and conduct hard tasks.
- precision and attention to detail in inventory management.
- Computer literacy requirements for tracking and documenting inventories.
- the capacity to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.
- strong time- and project management abilities.
Salary and Perks per Hour:
Depending on experience, education, and the particular employer, a warehouse person’s income in Richmond may differ. The average hourly compensation for a warehouse worker in Canada ranged from $14 to $20 as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021.
Depending on the employer, perks or benefits for warehouse jobs can differ. Typical benefits that might be provided include:
- dental and medical insurance.
- time off that is paid, including holidays and sick days (for full-time work).
- Contributions to retirement savings programs like 401(k)s or Registered Retirement Savings programs (RRSPs).
- Opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
- discounts on goods or services for employees.
- differentials in pay for the night, weekend, or evening shifts.
- For working past usual hours, overtime pay.
It’s vital to keep in mind that after my previous update in September 2021, the particular pay rates and benefits for a warehouse person in Richmond may have changed. It is advised to browse nearby job ads and get in touch with possible companies to get the most precise and recent information.